I saw "stare in mirror" as advice on a file from Tangy

Anyone knows about this? Experience?

Just curious!

Thanks!
zzzzz
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » August 22nd, 2011, 7:22 pm

Could you please elaborate? A lot? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby zzzzz » August 23rd, 2011, 7:51 am

Yes, staring in a mirror, gazing in a mirror, seems to have been used for ages for certain practices, like seeing the future, or seeing your own past lifes

It is also called scrying

I am curious if this is also used to reach trance, and if there are people here with experience in that direction...

I forgot about this practice until I saw WMM user Tangy, advising this in a description in his files

Ok?
zzzzz
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » August 23rd, 2011, 8:40 am

Is Tangy the guy who used to be adby? He's got the same kind of grammar, and from his file descriptions I'd guess the same level of coherency. But I can't really guess until I actually listen to his recordings.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » August 23rd, 2011, 7:34 pm

Tangy said to stare in a "Mir Row." He appears to be Adby again, pay nothing his says any mind.

I'm sure you could use a mirror as a fixation point for a fixation point induction, but so would anything else. If you wanted to change how you see yourself then I could imagine specialized files utilizing it, but not as an induction technique in general.

I for one, at least, do not find my own reflection very relaxing. It just makes me very critical of my appearance.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Foxpaw » August 24th, 2011, 4:10 am

I don't know if I would trust using Mirrors as scrying foci as a sensible idea. It takes a certain amount of training to do anything of that sort, and certainly isn't what our lovely scientific tists here would agree with.

Usage as hypnosis aids though, if you find yourself fascinated and entranced at staring at yourself then yes, it could be used in place of something like a spiral. or any Visual aid, anyway. It's quite easy to lose yourself in your own reflection.

However, again, like most things, it depends on the person doing so... just, don't try something like scrying without some background in spiritual stuff please.

Edit; Oh, silly me, sorry Jeshi, I was so eager to respond I didn't see your response. Informative as always. Sorry for coming in on your thunder.
Foxpaw
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » August 24th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Foxpaw wrote:
Edit: Oh, silly me, sorry Jeshi, I was so eager to respond I didn't see your response. Informative as always. Sorry for coming in on your thunder.

It's fine. I think it's better when more than one person gives advice. It makes an agreeing point have more backing. And a disagreeing point more informative.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby zzzzz » August 25th, 2011, 5:01 am

Foxpaw wrote: just, don't try something like scrying without some background in spiritual stuff please.

Dear Foxpaw, can you explain why and what kind of knowledge would be helpful?

Thanks!
zzzzz
Regular
Regular

Postby Foxpaw » August 26th, 2011, 2:45 am

keep in mind, this is all from my personal belief system, so you may not agree. However, if you're thinking about scrying, read, please.

Mirrors are, much like most reflective surfaces, spiritually powerful. Most religions and spiritual beliefs will agree that mirrors are windows into other places, time lines, worlds, dimensions, and, most importantly, they act as a gateway to the astral realm that overlaps this world.

Scrying is the act of opening yourself to the mirror, and, by extension, the spiritual and astral realm. In doing so, this opens the spiritual and astral to you, and can allow passage way from that realm into the mirror, room you're in, house, or you.

Spiritualists, priests, mages, shamans, medicine men, Chaos spiritualists, and so on all have a common vein in that we learn to protect ourselves from this sort of thing, possession, and unguided passage into this world. Shields, Prayers, Runes, Totems, contracted spirits, etc. work to prevent the possible danger of things like scrying. People who lack training in defending one's self are in the most danger as they have no natural defences beyond what they garner from their own faith and ignorance. Or, for those who are somewhat learned, their lack of ignorance.

Scrying is something that yes, is fairly safe, even to the absolute beginner, but the dangers of things happening that shouldn't, of things flowing through are exponentially higher because you have no training to protect yourself.

If you're hard headed and willing to pursue trying to scry anyway, at least look around and NUMEROUS sites and guides at how to defend yourself against spiritual influences. Know how to reduce any chance of something happening to zero. Adby, or, whoever suggested to try scrying, while perhaps with the best intentions doesn't have the years of experience that others who do scrying have.

And again, keep in mind, this is personal opinions and such, some of you may disagree, just, even reading helps soothe my conscience that you may heed my warning in this.
Foxpaw
Regular
Regular

Postby zzzzz » August 26th, 2011, 7:12 am

Thank you Foxpaw!

Interesting that a mirror is so different than, for example a flame of a candle or some spot on the wall...

Maybe interesting, might be another topic: when in trance by hypnosis (not by scrying), and being open to suggestion, is there also a heightened chance or possibility for opening oneself to unwanted spiritual influences?
zzzzz
Regular
Regular

Postby Foxpaw » August 26th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Not generally no. Since the trance is instead focused on simply opening your mind to yourself or someone specific, even if it's a file, there's no bleed over and natural defences are as strong as ever.
Foxpaw
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » August 31st, 2011, 1:09 am

tanyaslave wrote:You should probably stare into a mirror, and say 'bloody mary' three times with the lights off.
I hear that works :P

Make sure you remember to lock the door from the outside too, have a friend stand outside to open it only once you've done it.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby ParanoidLord » September 4th, 2011, 2:11 pm

tanyaslave wrote:You should probably stare into a mirror, and say 'bloody mary' three times with the lights off.
I hear that works :P

It's more entertaining if you do it with two mirrors:
http://xkcd.com/555/

As for using a mirror as a hypnosis aid... I probably wouldn't do it myself. I'd find it distracting, and I try to trance with my eyes closed anyways.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

On Mirrors.

Postby Haxsaw » October 25th, 2011, 6:31 am

Dear Friends,
I made some file on hypnotizing yourself while you hold a mirror. Look under Haxsaw and check my files. My sound quality is roughly fair value.
Sincerely,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis