Psyche pain

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Psyche pain

Postby Rachoi » September 26th, 2011, 1:25 am

i'm trying hypnosis again, but for whatever reason my head always spikes with pain any time i start relaxing and letting the voice in the file take control, its painful enough to snap me back to full control of myself and leave me with a constant throbbing... anyone have a solution to this? or is it possible i cant be hypnotized?
Rachoi

Re: Psyche pain

Postby qv » September 26th, 2011, 2:12 am

Rachoi wrote:i'm trying hypnosis again, but for whatever reason my head always spikes with pain any time i start relaxing and letting the voice in the file take control, its painful enough to snap me back to full control of myself and leave me with a constant throbbing... anyone have a solution to this? or is it possible i cant be hypnotized?

It's always possible to be hypnotized... if you want it.
Sounds to me, though, like there are two distinct possibilities.
#1. There's a part of you that doesn't want it, in which case try to figure out why. You say you're trying hypnosis again, but the pain comes whenever you start letting the file take control... is that significant?
Or #2. It's your eyes. Some people roll their eyes in hypnosis, which can get annoying or even painful. In this case, just focus on keeping your eyes under control and it should be fine, unless of course the reason for this happening is due to 1., in which case your subconscious should be more than able to find some other way of letting you know it has a problem with what you're trying to do.
P.S.: Pendulum questioning or Ideomotor questioning is practically designed for this, no trance necessary or anything. Look it up, I'm a huge fan. :roll:
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Rachoi » September 26th, 2011, 1:32 pm

hrm.... the pain isnt in my eyes... the pain spike is normally signifigant enough to last a full day

i think there mightbe a part of me that is resisting, for the simple fact of how i was raised, but i dont think i can break that withougt effectivly nevefr waking back up...that jsut makes me even more worried, i do like holding control of myself when i'm awake.

as for the eye rolling, i wouldnt fully know, i've only tried it alone, and i've tranced with my music, but its probably not the same
Rachoi

Postby qv » September 26th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Rachoi wrote:hrm.... the pain isnt in my eyes... the pain spike is normally signifigant enough to last a full day

i think there mightbe a part of me that is resisting, for the simple fact of how i was raised, but i dont think i can break that withougt effectivly nevefr waking back up...that jsut makes me even more worried, i do like holding control of myself when i'm awake.

as for the eye rolling, i wouldnt fully know, i've only tried it alone, and i've tranced with my music, but its probably not the same

Ah, I see. So you think it was how you were raised? If I may ask, in what way?
And I do agree that permanently losing control of yourself is a scary prospect... is there some reason you think that will happen?
You don't need to share any more than you want, I'm just trying to understand how best to help you through this.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Rachoi » September 26th, 2011, 5:26 pm

i was raised with the idea of 'if you arent in control, who is?' sort of mind set, and to be assertive about my own choice of life.... i'nd i have

the reason i worry about losing control for good is.. well.. my mind has never been that solid or restricted in thought, and the part that worries me most is that someone would get a hold of me and never let me go, even if inside i would rather escape some how

and as far as people i trust that much to let me go when done.. i do not even have a single name on that list.. keeps making it seem more and more imposing

couple that with desires i dont even need impressed into me... yeah, i worry
Rachoi

Postby qv » September 26th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Rachoi wrote:i was raised with the idea of 'if you arent in control, who is?' sort of mind set, and to be assertive about my own choice of life.... i'nd i have

the reason i worry about losing control for good is.. well.. my mind has never been that solid or restricted in thought, and the part that worries me most is that someone would get a hold of me and never let me go, even if inside i would rather escape some how

and as far as people i trust that much to let me go when done.. i do not even have a single name on that list.. keeps making it seem more and more imposing

couple that with desires i dont even need impressed into me... yeah, i worry

...oh, so that's it then. It seems like self-hypnosis would be right up your alley, in that case. Do you have any experience with that?
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Rachoi » September 26th, 2011, 8:15 pm

not a hint what so ever, last time i tried hypnosis was with a friend and for some reason i shouted at her to stop.... might have been the pain talking that time
Rachoi

Postby qv » September 26th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Rachoi wrote:not a hint what so ever, last time i tried hypnosis was with a friend and for some reason i shouted at her to stop.... might have been the pain talking that time

Alright, in that case I think it's safe to assume you do in fact have some subconscious control issues with hypnosis... but your focus at this point should be figuring out what exactly the problem is.
If you think that Ideomotor Questioning sounds like it could be helpful and non-intrusive, I would highly suggest doing that. The method's pretty straightforward, really, and the only one controlling anything is your subconscious mind, so there shouldn't be any problems there. If you want to know more, there's a few Youtube demonstrations out there.
This is one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LHlO2Qtxb8

That said, if you'd rather use self-hypnosis, it's really pretty much the same as any other form of hypnosis. If you want, you can make an mp3 induction in your own voice (just find a script you like), record it, and play it back to yourself as you trance. Or you can forgo that for the 'live hypnosis' method, where you just think generic hypnotist patter to yourself (this may take some research)... though that's best for light trances, seeing as purposefully thinking in trance can be hard sometimes.

In any case, just imagine that part of you that has an issue with hypnotists as a person within yourself, still fundamentally you, but capable of sharing it's own thoughts and feelings, and politely and respectfully start asking questions of it. Hopefully this will be acceptable to it.

I hope this helps.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Rachoi » September 27th, 2011, 1:56 am

i'll give your idea a shot... i think i need to find some scripts then, still getting used to the idea of it working and making me all the more nervous... i bet this will work.. cause my music an trance me out easily enough...
Rachoi

Postby qv » September 27th, 2011, 3:30 am

Rachoi wrote:i'll give your idea a shot... i think i need to find some scripts then, still getting used to the idea of it working and making me all the more nervous... i bet this will work.. cause my music an trance me out easily enough...

Well alright, that's a good plan. Be sure to modify scripts a little, personalize them, make them your own words instead of someone else's.
I have so much more I wish I could say, but I don't want to smother you with text, and in any case trying to micromanage you is somewhat hypocritical at this point. You have every right to believe or ignore what I say, because I'm not the one in control of that; you are, and that's the way it should be.
I wish you all the best.

...though admittedly, that gives the impression I'm leaving, which I'm not. I'll still be here if you need anything, so ask away if you feel the need.
I just felt that an ending like that symbolizes the whole 'encouraging you take control of your destiny' theme that's been recurring. Or perhaps it was my flair for drama... in any case, 'till we meet again... I bid you... adieu.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis