A strange observation

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

A strange observation

Postby urquan » October 24th, 2011, 3:34 pm

Hello. I find myself running into a problem with hypnosis in general. I relax well enough, and when I'm under I do the things ordered, but after the files end, they have no effect on me. I just can't seem to get any permanent effects. What's worse is that sometimes, hypnosis doesn't even work on me in trance! Is my willpower just too strong, or is there some subconscious aversion to being controlled that I have?
urquan
Regular
Regular

Postby qv » October 24th, 2011, 3:47 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned. Just try some smaller triggers first, none of this 'hallucinating tentacle rape' stuff, that's a bit too extensive for a beginner.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby urquan » October 24th, 2011, 5:44 pm

I see. Thank you for the advice. Speaking of which, do you have any free files that you'd recommend?
urquan
Regular
Regular

Postby angel123 » October 24th, 2011, 5:49 pm

It's also practice, and mind set. Sometimes I am able to accept lots of triggers or info and other times I can't even get into a trance ... it is just taking other factors into consideration too and not stressing too much about it ........ :)
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby urquan » October 24th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Okay, that seems... logical. I'll check my house for any alien hypnosis-preventing artifacts if that doesn't work.

What do you think affects the ability to be receptive in trance the most? The outside environment? Distracting thoughts?
urquan
Regular
Regular

Postby qv » October 24th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Well, it depends on the person. I know what bothers me more is sudden noises. Very constant noise is much easier to tune out. As far as free files to recommend, I enjoy ocntrl's Alternative Induction, it a suggestion or two that are meant to work in an 'untranced' state... so you might be able to see how that works out.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Mutazoa » October 25th, 2011, 9:16 am

urquan wrote:Okay, that seems... logical. I'll check my house for any alien hypnosis-preventing artifacts if that doesn't work.

What do you think affects the ability to be receptive in trance the most? The outside environment? Distracting thoughts?

Most people are under the impression that, when in trance, you tune everything out and are aware of only your tist (or file). In fact, the opposite is true, while in trance you usually become more aware of your surroundings. The trick, from a stage hypnotists POV, is to let the subject know that, yes, you hear the noises in the room, yes that waitress dropped a glass, every sound you hear helps you go deeper and deeper into hypnosis... This can work for you when using self hypnosis or hypno-files, just remind your self that noises only help you slip deeper...any thoughts you have are ok...they don't matter and as they flow out of your mind, they pull you deeper and deeper....
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jcdps » October 25th, 2011, 10:04 am

qv wrote:I wouldn't be too concerned. Just try some smaller triggers first, none of this 'hallucinating tentacle rape' stuff, that's a bit too extensive for a beginner.

Does tentacle rape work even for advanced trancers?
jcdps
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » October 25th, 2011, 1:48 pm

jcdps wrote:
Does tentacle rape work even for advanced trancers?

Hypnosis that affects hallucinations/dreams is difficult to do.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby Mutazoa » October 25th, 2011, 1:56 pm

rather than re-iterate...I would suggest reading my response here
http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53695#53695

that should give you an idea...
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby urquan » October 26th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Thank you all for the advice. I guess I just have to keep trying.
urquan
Regular
Regular

Postby QueenCleopatra » November 5th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Or don't try at all. Trying too much can lower the results. It's the paradox of trance.

Best Wishes,

Cleo

urquan wrote:Thank you all for the advice. I guess I just have to keep trying.
http://www.queencleopatra.co.uk
http://www.clipsforsale.com/store/30616
Live Erotic Hypnosis Sessions in London
QueenCleopatra
Regular
Regular

Postby jcdps » November 5th, 2011, 9:17 pm

qv wrote:I wouldn't be too concerned. Just try some smaller triggers first, none of this 'hallucinating tentacle rape' stuff, that's a bit too extensive for a beginner.

I actually have less luck with the triggers.
jcdps
Regular
Regular

Re: A strange observation

Postby CharredSoul » November 7th, 2011, 3:42 am

urquan wrote:Hello. I find myself running into a problem with hypnosis in general. I relax well enough, and when I'm under I do the things ordered, but after the files end, they have no effect on me. I just can't seem to get any permanent effects. What's worse is that sometimes, hypnosis doesn't even work on me in trance! Is my willpower just too strong, or is there some subconscious aversion to being controlled that I have?

thats great that you have a strong willpower because when you look at what it means there are some great traits within
that resource, such as greater attention, focus, the ability to set outcomes and achieve them i don't know wether or
not that you have those traits, but they are highly regarded traits in hypnosis and to induce hypnotic phenomena.
you could possibly see those traits within yourself and just know that you can achieve what you setout to experience,
it doesn't matter or not what people think is hard to experience within hypnosis why would you ever want to take on
other peoples bad suggestions, or beliefs as when you really think about it, it is a common experience that many could have
in life negative and positive hallucinations when something that you are looking for can't be found anywhere but has
been in sight all the time you have been looking, the same with things appearing out of nowhere, even they can be a flashing experience
there is a part in your mind that creates that easily and naturally, you could focus in on that part of the mind where
ever it might start, it is possible to follow that train of thought to where you can finish up hallucinating what you
like.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis